Sunday, July 12, 2009

G.I. Joe and summer time blues....


So the more I read or see stuff on G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra the more I think it is going to be a disaster. First off you have the "X-men looking super suits" which look so ridiculous, since when did G.I. Joe turn into Iron Men? And the suits are based of the G.I. Joe cartoon Sigma 6, which also was made into a comic book by http://devilsdue.net/

BUT I'm sure everyone who grew up in the 80's wanted this movie to be like the 80's cartoon. Will it be? I'm not sure, but I highly doubt it. To me it looks like a big pile of dog sh*t, but that is just me. The one thing that caught my eye and looks totally bad ass is Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes is played by Ray Park, who also played the bad ass Sith Jedi Darth Maul. So come August 7th 2009 is G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Will you be seeing it? Or would you rather go to the dentist and get a root canal. Now that is a tough choice! But I MIGHT see it just for Snake Eyes. But I'm not going to hold my breath that this film will kick ass! I want it too, but I can't bring myself to believe it will. 80's fans lets hope I'm wrong!


Now to another movie coming out in August District 9. The more I see trailers for this film. The more I'm getting excited to see it. I still don't know all what it is about, but it looks different and intriguing. I think the less we know of this movie the better. Makes me as want to see it more the less I know. But I will post any updates of this film. Check out there viral website http://www.d-9.com/

Tonight at 12 Midnight
As the clock strikes 12 a.m. All the Hogwarts and Potter lovers will be out in your local theater casting spells and loving the newest installment of the Harry Potter series. I for one have not seen any of these films. I actually would like to read the books before I check out all the films. But from what I've seen in the trailers this movie looks pretty dam awesome! I've heard from fans of the Harry Potter series of books and films. That all these films stay true to the "actual" novels. And I believe its true with the millions of dollars these films and books make! Damn you J.K. Rowling, why didn't I think of some boy wizard going to some school!!!

Well have fun all you Potter fans who at Midnight will be in Potter heaven! While the rest of us sleep and drink the night away.

DVD news and notes
Just released on DVD was Knowing starring Nicholas Cage. Here is a quick summary of the story- A teacher opens a time capsule that has been dug up at his son's elementary school. The boy gets a paper full of numbers and later on that night Cage's character starts to realise these numbers are dates to horrible events. Some that have already occurred and others that are about to. This leads him to believe his family plays a role in the events that are about to unfold.

This film was a good film that did not get alot of press. I watched it last night and really enjoyed the whole story. A good storyline, good special effects and suspense full and entertaining all in one.

Same blog spot, same blog time...

0 comments: