Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd in Movieland....

Well its about to be July 4th. That means cookouts, fireworks, beer and summer movies are in full effect. And this week a movie I've been wanting to see since the day I saw the first trailer is Public Enemies. Starring Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard. This film is directed by Michael Mann. It is a story about the infamous bank robber John Dillinger. From early reviews it seems to be a good movie! I am hoping so, I will be seeing it later this July 4th weekend and I will post my thoughts on it then. I hope this film follows in the steps of some of Michael Mann's previous films like Last of the Mochicans, Heat, and Collateral. And not in the same footsteps as Miami Vice, which was a bomb to say the least.


Now to my thoughts on the Transformers 2 Autobot Twin controversy. I feel they were not needed in the film one bit, yes they do sound like some guys from the hood or the hip hop generation. BUT people remember they are ROBOTS!!! and its a fictional story about alien ROBOTS!!! People these days just need to relax and enjoy the film for what it is. With this said Transformers 2 was not as good as the first one, but it was quite entertaining. So if you are looking to be entertained and see some good special effects this is the film for you.

DVD news and notes

So released this week was Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. I can only assume these film is not even worth watching. NO I have not seen it. Only thing maybe appealing to it would be seeing Kristin Kreuk kick some ass! So watch at your own risk!! If I were you I would rent or buy Gran Torino(which I talked about in my last post) or Taken. Those two films will entertain and deliver for you.

So everyone have a safe July 4th. Shoot off those fireworks, eat some much food you can't move and have a beer for some Independence.

Same blog spot, same blog time...

0 comments: